That means it is time to BUST out those refreshing drinks! Here is a quick summer drink recipe that you can start perfecting now before the summer gets here!
- With fresh watermelon, ginger beer, lime, and mint!
What you are going to need is…(this can make about 8 glasses):
- 1 small to medium watermelon (ideally store it in the fridge so it is nice and cold!)
- 2 cans or bottles of ginger beer ( I get Reed’s Premium Ginger Brew Ginger Ale; sometimes with extra ginger!)
- 4 limes
- 1 bunch of mint leaves
- Ice to serve
How to make this bad boy:
- Cut up the watermelon and whizz in a blender. Mine produced around 1.2 liters. Pour through a sieve to remove the seeds (or you can remove them before blending).
- Add a handful of ice to each glass.
- Pull the mint leaves off the stems and split into the glasses.
- Pour in the watermelon juice to the half way mark of the glass.
- Squeeze the juice of half a lime into each glass.
- Top off the glass with ginger beer.
- Pop a straw in and enjoy!
- You can make a simple syrup for added sweetness by heating equal parts water and sugar( I use cane sugar). Cool to room temperature then add into drink.
- And if you want to be fancy, rub a cut up lime along the rims of your glasses and dip the glass in sugar, and add a sliced lime to the rim of the glass.